8/3/15

Review of: Paper Towns



Now I as many people have done, I invested many hours into reading Paper Towns by John Green and watching the movie in theater. So at this point my total investment totals at $9.99 for the book and $6.00 for a movie ticket. Which is not that bad. Overall, I extremely enjoyed the book. It was mysterious and interesting but was not creepy. It kept my interest and had a nice sense of humor in it. I felt though that the book was deep and had a lot of meaning behind it so I wouldn't really consider it a fluffy teen romance story. It is sort of long and there are parts of the book that are a little too stretched out in my opinion, but it still managed to be entertaining. The ending was quite a shock and a little bit of a disappointment, not because of its quality, I guess just because you get attached to the idea of a happy ending. I think that the ending only made the hidden message behind the characters understandable and in some ways it had a more realistic ending than most teen novels. I would give the book 4 stars out of 5. 


Now for the movie, to be honest I was totally disappointed. It was probably one of the worst movies I've ever seen. At least if you read the book you'd realize that none of the characters seem to have the same personalities they seemed to have in the book. And they changed 90% of the details of the book when they put them in the movie. The only thing that really was the same was the names of the characters and the location of the story. The ending was completely changed! Which is a no no, unless you can make the ending better. But they made it so much worse. It seemed like in the movie they tried to make it have a more feel good ending, but by doing that they ruined the meaning behind the story. The jokes were not as funny and like I said I wouldn't consider this story a fluffy teen romance and I think they were trying to make it seem like it was in the movie. By doing that you were not watching a comedy, because again the jokes were not funny and not a serious drama movie either, because they removed a lot of the key parts that makes it serious. So I left feeling disappointed and would not go see it again. 
I would give this movie 1/2 a star out of 5.


Thanks for reading. What's your review of Paper Towns?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment I would totally enjoy hearing from you! :)